This is the story of Ashley Fiolek, female motorcross champion. Ashley has been deaf her whole life! She recently wrote a book called “Kicking Up Dirt” that tells her inspirational story. This video tells Ashley’s story as well.
- Check out Ashley’s website!
- Here is another video called “At Home With Ashley Fiolek”.
Topics for Discussion:
- What would it be like to be deaf? What things might be difficult to do if you couldn’t hear?
- What qualities does Ashley show in pursuing her motorcross dreams despite her inability to hear?
- Check out the Funbrain website to learn how to sign the alphabet!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.