Almost every day we hear stories about people who have done extraordinary things in their lives. But what we don’t realize is that often these people started out in very ordinary ways. This video shows a number of these ordinary people who went on to do extraordinary things.
- Here’s a website that tells the stories of more ordinary people doing extraordinary things!
- Here’s a video about a group of ordinary kids who do something extraordinary to help their friend!
Topics for Discussion:
- How many of these people have you heard of? Did you know that they started off in ordinary ways?
- What qualities do you think these people share that allowed them to overcome their ordinary situations?
- Is there something you dream of doing? Be inspired by the ordinary people in this post and go for it!
- Visit the Kids Can Make a Difference website to learn ways you can do extraordinary things yourself!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.