Early in 2011, Ronan Parke was your typical English schoolboy, living in the small village of Poringland. But Ronan was also a boy with a dream, and in April 2011 he took a big step toward achieving that dream. That month, Ronan auditioned for British TV show Britain’s Got Talent, singing a song called “Feeling Good”. Before he even finished singing, both the audience and the judges were on their feet, giving him a standing ovation!
Ronan went on to make it to the finals of Britain’s Got Talent. In the end, he finished as runner-up, but his singing career was just beginning. After the show, Ronan made numerous appearances, and in October 2011, he will release his first album!
This video shows some pictures of Ronan as he sings “Because of You”, the song from his final Britain’s Got Talent performance.
Topics for Discussion:
- How do you think Ronan felt right before his audition?
- How do you think he felt when he got a standing ovation for his singing?
- Ronan dreamed of being a singer, and so he took action to make his dream come true. What dream do you have that you can take action on today?
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.