Abby Miller is a teenager with a passion for music – she enjoys playing the guitar and singing, and she is good at it! But more importantly, Abby also has a passion for a very special friend. Abby’s friend is a young girl named Taylor Love, and the two have been inseparable friends as long as they’ve known each other. When Taylor was very young, she was diagnosed with cancer, and a few years later she was diagnosed with a second form of cancer. And when that happened, Abby showed the depth of her passion for her friend…..
Out of love for her friend, Abby took her other passion, music, and decided to use it to raise money and awareness to help Taylor. Abby adopted the motto “her battle is my battle”, and today she has raised over $400,000 and helped not only Taylor but countless others fighting the same brave battle as her friend!
This video shows Abby making a public service announcement on behalf of her friend Taylor.
- Here is an article in which Abby talks about her inspiration for her great work.
- Here is a video of Abby singing a song as a tribute to Taylor.
Topics for Discussion:
- Do you know anyone with cancer? What impact does it have on them, their families, and their friends?
- Abby used her passion for music to do good. What passion do you have that you can use to do good?
- Visit the Taylor Love website to learn more about Taylor’s cancer and how you can help support her and others like her.
- Visit the Friends of Kids with Cancer website to learn more about childhood cancer and how you can help kids with tihs disease.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.