Do you know a special dog or pet? Skidboot the Dog, who lived on a ranch in Quinlan, Texas, was one the smartest dogs you will ever see! But Skidboot was a lot more than just smart. He was also a great partner to his owner, David Hartwig. Their support of each other is a great example of friendship and loyalty in action.
Skidboot did not just stop at changing his owner’s life, but he brought great joy to many children and people around the country. And now Skidboot’s own children are doing the same thing!
In this video, you can learn more about the life and impact of this inspiring dog!
- Visit Skidboot’s website to learn more about him and his owner.
- Watch and read other IMK stories about inspiring animals.
- Read some great quotes on IMK about friendship.
- Here is a website that gives lots of terrific information about helping animals!
Topics for Discussion:
- What is special about the friendship between Skidboot and Mr. Hartwig?
- How does Mr. Hartwig show loyalty to Skidboot?
- Do you have a friendship with an animal? What is special about your relationship?
- What is something you can do today to help animals in your community?
- Visit the Animal Shelter Tips website to find out great ways you can support animal shelters!
- Visit the Petfinder.com website to learn more about this great site and maybe even adopt a pet of your own!
- Visit the Petfinder.com website’s programs page to learn about animal programs you can help with.
- Consider organizing a community fundraiser to help raise money to help animals.