Once upon a time, there was a group of boys who wanted to play soccer………
This might not sound like the start of a typical fairy tale of wishes and magic. But for the boys of the Panyee Football Club, this was the beginning of their dream come true. Only their dream came true not through magic, but through hard work and perseverance.
This video tells the amazing story of the Panyee Football Club.
- Check out this website to read about the Panyee Football Club and other inspirational sports stories!
- Here is another inspiremykids story about a team that overcame great obstacles to have great success!
- Check out other inspiring IMK stories and videos about sports and teamwork
Topics for Discussion:
- What qualities did the boys show in overcoming the obstacles they did as they started their soccer team?
- When the boys played in the tournament in the rain, why did they decide to take off their shoes?
- Do you have a dream of something you want to do? Remember the Panyee Football Club and find a way to make it happen!
- Visit the Athletes with Disabilities website to learn about other athletes who have overcome obstacles and how you can help them!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.