Aaron Rodgers is the top rated Quarterback in the National Football League, a Super Bowl Champion and MVP, but his success did not come easy. In fact, Rodgers was not even offered a scholarship to play college football. And he almost quit football to study law. His story is one of self-belief, perseverance and support by some good mentors.
In this ESPN interview, Rodgers and his family discuss the road that has brought him to where he is today and what it is that makes him special.
- Here are some great IMK quotes about perseverance for kids
- Watch other great IMK stories about perseverance
- Learn more about Aaron Rodgers here on Wikipedia
Topics for Discussion:
- What is perseverance?
- What are ways you can show perseverance?
- Provide examples of people who have demonstrated perseverance.
- Describe a time when you have shown perseverance
- The next time you are doing something worthwhile that is hard and you feel like you want to quit…remember how people like Aaron Rodgers stuck with their dreams.
- Practice perseverance in your everyday life. Practice becomes habits and good habits change us for the better.
- Think about one thing in your life that could benefit from more perseverance. Now…just do it!