Motivational Speaking and Programming
Many children are growing up in an environment that is absent of authentic role models but increasingly flush with negative media influences that promote fame, flash, conflict and blame, over character development, accountability, unity and impacting the greater good. It is an environment where values development can be low or absent and an emphasis on looking good (e.g. social media and peer pressure) is prioritized over being good and doing good.
The results of this unhealthy cultural stew can range from:
- Absence of gratitude, compassion, kindness, and respect
- Lack of personal accountability
- Sense of entitlement
- Lack of self-confidence
- Lack of passion and motivation to excel
- Apathy towards learning
- Increased bullying
These undesirable attitudes and behaviors often start early and are revealed and magnified in the school environment. Recent happenings as a result of the sudden introduction of virtual learning around the world (due to COVID) have created even more challenges. To change school climate and students’ hearts requires focus, engagement…and John O’Leary!
InspireMyKids (IMK), the world’s leading online community of inspiration for children, is proud to partner with best selling author, leading podcaster and world-class motivational speaker John O’Leary to bring a unique blend of inspiration and sustainable action to schools and youth organizations around the world. John will inspire your kids (and the involved adults in their lives) to become the best version of themselves as they realize that life has far less to do with what happens to you, and much more to do with how you respond.
Nothing embodies this more than John’s personal story in which a curious nine-year-old boy, playing with fire and gasoline, created a massive explosion in his garage that burned on 100% of his body.
Given less than 1% chance of survival, John has gone on to leverage his gifts to inspire millions of people across the world. John is proof of the power of the human spirit. His unlikely recovery meant a journey of pain and loss that could have easily been insurmountable.
However, far from being an example of someone who simply endured tragedy, John is a luminous example of thriving through adversity. And his story is also a celebration of heroes and role models who intimately served him and his family who exemplify that truth that one person can make a profound difference in the lives of others.
John’s first speech was in 2006 with just three 3rd grade girls in attendance. Since then, he has spoken in (and to) schools across the USA, to audiences in 14 countries, and to more than 1,000,000 audience members.
Our programming, commencing with a personalized in-person, live-streamed or pre-recorded event features:
- Emotional, real-life, storytelling
- Actionable takeaways students can use right away
- Interaction with the audience to keep it fun and high energy
- Role model videos and inspirational quotes from IMK’s collection
John’s motivational speaking and programming is designed to change the culture and mindset in your school, the way students perceive themselves and the way students interact with each other, increasing their intrinsic motivation and their desire to make the world a better place.
Through sincere and authentic conversation and real-world examples from his own personal journey, John inspires students to:
- Leverage their natural strengths
- Increase gratitude and improve their daily attitude
- Build self-confidence and live bravely
- Create a mindset of success
- Learn from past mistakes and take personal ownership
- Create resilience to overcome challenges and thrive no matter the circumstances
- Use empathy and compassion to serve others with courage
This program is ideal for supporting character education and social-emotional learning initiatives in elementary, middle, and junior high schools.
John has helped schools to:
- Increase resilience and confidence in students
- Create a more positive school and student culture
- Decrease bullying and increase friendships
- Provide a platform for important conversations
- Increase motivation and goal setting
- Teach students life skills such as empathy, resilience, gratitude and perseverance
To learn more about our program, scheduling, costs or other questions you may have, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.