Calling all parents! Raising kids is one of the most important jobs you will ever do. You nurture your children, care for them, and teach them the values that will help them grow into great adults. And you also lead by example, serving as a role model, as your kids try to be just like you! So what kind of role model are you?
This video demonstrates the importance of your being a positive role model for your children.
- Here is an article that talks about ways you can be a positive role model for your kids.
- Here is another article that describes qualities of positive role models.
Topics for Discussion:
- Why is it important that parents be positive role models for their kids?
- What are three ways parents can make a positive impact on their kids?
- Start today! Think of just one thing you can do today that will positively influence a kid, and do it!
- Need help finding a positive role model? Visit the Life Goals website for tips on locating one!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.