InspireMyKids is so impressed with two teenage sisters Emma and Julia Mogus who founded an organization called “Books With No Bounds”. They provide Aboriginal children and teens living in remote communities books donated by publishers, authors, schools, individuals and organizations. They believe that every child deserves the opportunity to read and have access to a wide variety of books. To date the sisters have donated over 33,000 brand new or like new books. Wow that is truly impressive!
The passion and commitment that these two young ladies have shown is just incredible. They have chartered boats and planes and worked tirelessly after school and on the weekends to make a difference in these children’s lives. Check out their video here:
- Visit www.bookswithnobounds.com to learn more about Emma and Julia’s work
- Visit www.facebook.com/bookswithnobounds to like them on Facebook
- Watch other great IMK stories about children and adults that exhibit caring
- Read IMK’s list of great quotes for kids about caring
Topics for Discussion:
- What is special about “Books With No Bounds”?
- What inspired Emma and Julia to take action?
- Do you see a problem around you that impacts a lot of people, but no one is doing anything about it?
- Find out if your school would have books to donate to Books with No Bounds.
- Find a problem in your world that needs fixing. Talk to you friends, parents and teachers about what you could do to solve it.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.