Chi Chi Monet is a 9 year old singer and rapper from the Washington, DC area who is using her musical talent to inspire other kids to make good choices. She focuses on issues like Bullying, Stranger Danger and Eating Well.
Chi Chi became interested in music when she was just two years old. Her father produced music in his spare time and she started imitating the music they would listen to.
When Chi Chi was 6, she asked her dad to help her write a song for her class and they created her first song ‘I Like To Learn’ on their way home from school. Her classmates loved it! Since then, Chi Chi has created 4 more songs and has performed for children at many community events in her area.
She loves rap music but doesn’t like the inappropriate words and topics that it sometimes focuses on. So, she decided to change it with her own special blend of rap. Learn more about Chi Chi’s inspiring story here and then listen to some of her music below:
Watch Chi Chi’s “No Bully” video here:
- Check out other InspireMyKids stories and videos about inspiring musicians
- Watch all of Chi Chi’s videos here on her website
- Read Chi Chi”s biography on her website
- Listen to Chi Chi’s most recent song about eating well here
Topics for Discussion:
- How is Chi Chi making a difference in the world?
- Think of people who in your community who help others. What talents and skills that do they use?
- What if every kid used their special talents to make the world a better place? How would things be different?
- Think about your own special talents and what you love to do. Whether you love music or animals or sports or nature or writing, there is some way to use your talents to make the world a better place. Come up with 3 ideas and then talk to your parents, teachers and friends to help make one of them happen!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.
- Here is a wonderful article about helping your kids develop their talents