Chris is a farmer at Apricot Lane Farms in Moorpark, California. He works hard, performs many jobs around the farm and has a great attitude.
But Chris is not exactly like other farmers at Apricot Lane or elsewhere. What is unique is that he was born without arms or legs. Yet, this has not stopped him from working hard and getting things done.
How, you may ask, is this possible? Like other incredible people we have featured on IMK who do not have limbs, Chris does not focus on what he can’t do, but rather on what he CAN do. And he can do A LOT!!! He drives farm vehicles, shovels and rakes and tends to crops. Once you see Chris in action, you begin to think there is nothing he could not do!
Chris is a great example of a person who is making the most of his gifts. His positive attitude, courage and work ethic make him a true inspiration. Watch what he is able to do in this very inspiring video and then imagine what each of us could do if we used all of our gifts!
- Learn more about Apricot Lane Farms
- Learn about Amelia, the medical condition that causes some people to be born without limbs
- Watch other great IMK stories about children and adults that exhibit perseverance or who have special needs
- Read IMK inspiring quotes about courage, perseverance and hard work
Topics for Discussion:
- How would you describe Chris’ attitude and what effect has it had on his life?
- What can we all learn from Chris?
- Are you using all of the gifts you have been given?
- What is one thing you want to try to do now that you have seen what Chris can do?
- Think about a big goal that you have. It could be for school, for family, or any other important area of your life. Write it down, using this goal worksheet or create your own worksheet. Keep track of your progress, stick with it and reward yourself when you have completed it. Keep doing this and you will be surprised at how much you can achieve.
- Consider holding a fundraiser for the International Child Amputee Network to help children without limbs achieve their dreams