When Nia Mya Reese was asked to write a story for class at at Deer Valley Elementary School in Birmingham, Alabama, she chose a topic that she was an expert in: how to handle annoying little brothers! Nia Mya apparently had learned many lessons in this area, dealing with her 5 year old brother, Ronald Michael!
After presenting her story to her 1st grade class last year, Nia Mya’s mother asked her to make it better over the summer so she could work on her writing skills. Nia Mya then asked her cousin, Faith Martin, an 11th grader and an artist, to help make pictures for the book.
FInally, in December of last year, her book, “How to Deal With And Care For Your Annoying Little Brother” was published by Yorkshire Press! But her story did not stop there.
Her book has now become a best seller on Amazon! Even better, the book is helping a lot of other kids get along more with their brothers! And Nia Mya has become a great role model for others, showing what can happen when you follow your dreams and take action!
Check out Nia Mya’s inspiring story below and then find out how to get the book!
- Check out Nia Mya’s book on Amazon. Maybe it will help you get along better with your siblings!
- Here is a list of other child authors
- Check out other inspiring stories and quotes about girls on InspireMyKids
Topics for Discussion:
- What character traits does Nia Mya exhibit?
- What are you an expert in?
- Do you think you could write a book or story about something? What would it be?
- Explore becoming an author yourself! Check out becoming a kid author on how to do it!
- Would you like to improve your writing skills? Or work with a real author to create a book? Fun Creative Writing can help you become a better writer and even a published author!