In many ways, Aisha Chaudhary is a typical 15-year-old girl – she likes to dance, is interested in modeling, and enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and dogs. But in one very significant way, Aisha is different – you see, she has a rare immune deficiency disorder and was not expected to even live to her first birthday.
Because of her disease, Aisha’s life has been full of difficult challenges. However, Aisha has decided that instead of feeling overcome by her difficulties, she wants her life to be as positive and fulfilling as it can be. So Aisha, in her own words, “dares to dream” and then works with courage and perseverance to make her dreams come true. And in the process, she inspires others to do the same!
In this video, Aisha shares words of wisdom about life lessons her difficulties have taught her.
- Here is an article that tells all about Aisha and her incredible spirit!
- Here is an article that describes Aisha’s inspirational speech and its tremendous impact.
Topics for Discussion:
- How do you think Aisha is able to stay so positive despite the challenges of her disease?
- Which of the life lessons Aisha discussed means the most to you?
- Aisha strives to make her life positive despite her challenges. What challenge in your life can you work through to make your life more positive?
- Visit the Ehow website’s “How to Overcome a Physical Disability” page to learn ways you can help disabled people make their lives as positive as can be, just as Aisha does!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.