Earth Day, which falls on April 22 of each year, is a day to celebrate our planet and to help keep it as beautiful and healthy as it can be. Honoring the planet on Earth Day not only helps Earth today, but also helps ensure that the planet can be enjoyed by future generations. And there are so many ways to celebrate and honor Earth Day! This video tells about Earth Day and what you can do to get involved.
- Here’s an article with ideas for how you and your family can celebrate Earth Day!
- Here’s a video that tells about reducing, reusing, and recycling – important parts of taking care of the Earth.
Topics for Discussion:
- Why is it important for all of us to take care of the Earth?
- What is one thing you can do right now to help take care of the Earth?
- Check out the Appalachian Mountain Club website for more ways you and your family can celebrate Earth Day each year!
- Visit the Earth Day Network website to learn more about Earth Day and ways you can get involved in helping our planet!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.