Eric Thomas is an author, educator, minister, activist, and motivational speaker. However, he is also known by another name……..the “Hip Hop Preacher”. Eric is known by this name because of his unique, down-to-earth, “tell it like it is” style of speaking.
In addition to his speaking style, one of the reasons Eric is able to inspire so many is because he has been where they’ve been, having overcome a difficult childhood and found a way to turn his life around. Today, Eric motivates people all over the world with his inspirational teachings and speeches.
In this video, Eric shares his thoughts on what it truly takes to succeed. The athlete in the video is NFL football player Giavanni Ruffin, someone who has clearly taken Eric’s advice to heart.
- Here is an article that tells all about Eric and his inspiring success.
- Here is another video in which Eric describes an academic program he began called The Advantage.
Topics for Discussion:
- How was Eric able to overcome his challenges and turn his life in a positive direction?
- In the video above, Eric talks about achieving success. How do you feel about what he says?
- Visit Eric Thomas’ website to learn more about Eric’s latest mission, Project Access, and how you can help!
- Visit the Children’s Success website to read and share stories about kids’ successes!