They’re great friends, even though they’re as different as can be! They are Suryia the Orangutan and Roscoe the dog. This video shows that friendship and sharing can come in all shapes and sizes.
- Here is an article with pictures of Suryia and Roscoe.
- Here is another inspiremykids story about an unusual animal friendship!
Topics for Discussion:
- Do you have a friend who is different from you? What makes that person your friend?
- Why do you think Suryia and Roscoe are such good friends?
- Think about the kids in your class who are different from you. Get to know one of them and you may find a great new friend!
- Check out the “making friends” page of the Children, Youth, and Women’s Health Service website to learn great tips for making new friends!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.