Optimism is the way you see and think about what is happening around you and to you. It is looking for the good in each situation. It is expecting things to go well. It is thinking good thoughts even when things are going bad. It is having hope and faith. It is believing that you can make things better.
In fact, being optimistic can make you happier, healthier and more successful in all that you do. It can help you overcome problems. It can keep you focused on your goals. It can make you less stressed. It can help you have more fun. It helps you to learn more from any situation. It can make you more enjoyable to be around.
Here are some ways that people describe Optimism thanks to Life Is Good:
So how can you be more optimistic? Here are a few ways to get started:
- The next time something bad happens to you, try to see the good that may come out of it.
- Try to hang out more with people who are positive.
- Be grateful. Think about all the good things in your life. Journal your thoughts.
- Focus your energy and thoughts on things you can control, not things that are out of your control.
- Don’t compare yourself to othttp://a.co/d/6SIdEizhers
Being an optimist and thinking positive are key ingredients to a great life and being the best version of yourself. Here are some great quotes for kids about optimism and positive thinking.
Quotes for Kids About Optimism and Positive Thinking
- “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” Victor Hugo
- “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.”
Roy T. Bennett
- “They can because they think they can.” Virgil
- “Every problem has a gift for you in its hands.” Richard Bach
- “Don’t let your failures define you—let them teach you.” Barack Obama
- “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
- “One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.” Lucille Ball
- “You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down” Charlie Chaplin
- “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.” Alphonse Karr
- “Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.” Marcus Aurelius
- “You are doing your best only when you are trying to improve what you are doing.” Mae West
- Check out all of IMK’s quotes for kids
- Read and watch other inspiring IMK stories related to having a good attitude
Topics for Discussion:
- Why do you think optimism plays such an important role in success?
- Which quote above relates most to you? Why?
- Of all the people you know, who is the most optimistic?
- Did you ever have an experience in which your attitude led to a good result? Or a bad result? Explain.
- Think of one area of your life where you need to improve your attitude and behavior. It may be in school. Or how you act around your brother or sister. Try to have a better attitude and see what happens. Or first, improve how you behave and most likely your attitude will improve as well! Try it out, it is pretty amazing!
- Practice journaling with one of IMK’s journals, like The Being Awesome Journal or Power Up Power Down