Even in hard times, there are people in the world who manage to step up and take positive action to help others. Despite difficulty, they do their part to help others endure their hardships. In so doing, these inspirational people help make the world a better place.
This video is a tribute to the many heroes we encounter in everyday life.
- This website contains inspiring stories of real people doing their part to help their neighbors in hard times.
- Here is another InspireMyKids post that features a young hero named Ashlee Smith.
Topics for Discussion:
- What qualities do you think these heroes share that help them do their good works?
- Do you know someone in your life who is a hero? What makes them a hero?
- How can you be a hero for someone today?
- Visit the Help Others website to learn ways you can be a hero by helping other people!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.