Rojo and Napoleon are an interesting couple. One is a llama and the other is an alpaca and are they great friends. But that is not all that is unique about this pair. In fact, what is far more interesting is how they inspire people everywhere they go!
These two cool mammals mission is to bring joy to patients who have to spend a lot of time in the hospital. If you had ever heard of therapy dogs, you are are about to learn about therapy llamas and alpacas! And they aren’t the only ones, as Laurie Gregory trains many other alpacas and llamas at Mountain Peaks Therapy Llamas and Alpacas in Vancouver, Canada.
In this great video, you will see as the animals pay a little visit to a nursing home.
- Learn more about the organization that brings Rojo and Napoleon to their patients and see more photos of their hospital visits
- Here are other IMK posts about inspiring and amazing animals
Topics for Discussion:
- What makes Rojo and Napoleon so special to patients?
- Have you ever met a therapy dog or animal? How did it make you feel?
- Become a volunteer to help train therapy animals at a local organization like the The Good Dog Foundation
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.