Paris cares. Paris Williams, a 6-year-old girl from St. Louis, Missouri is helping feed lots of people in her community and has big plans to do more!
While reading a book (One Boy’s Magic) about helping the homeless, she asked her parents how she could help. They discussed different ideas and decided to start creating care packages of food to hand out to homeless people.
After handing out over 500 packages, Paris wanted to do even more. So she and her parents decided to start a foundation so she could raise money to help further.
Here is an interview with Paris and her family discussing her inspiration and actions:
Paris is a great example of a child displaying empathy for others and then doing something about it. She is the latest example of many inspiring kids featured on InspireMyKids who have helped serve the homeless over the years.
- Read other InspireMyKids stories about people helping the homeless
- Learn facts about youth homelessness here
- Here are some great quotes for kids about the power of taking action
- View other great IMK stories about children and adults that exhibit caring
- Check out other inspiring girls and women on IMK
- Read IMK’s list of great quotes for kids about caring
Topics for Discussion:
- What sparked Paris to take action and do something to help the homeless?
- Which character traits does Paris exhibit?
- How do you describe empathy? How does Paris show empathy?
- What is something you see wrong with the world around you? How can you help fix it? What is one small thing you can do? How about a big thing?
- Visit Paris Cares Foundation’s Go FundMe page to see how to help Paris with her efforts
- Here is a list of many other ways that you can help the homeless
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.