In many ways, Rory Koonce is just an ordinary young man. But in one very special way, Rory (who also goes by Craig) is anything but ordinary.
You see, Rory is a talented athlete – an avid competitor in the sport of weightlifting. His weightlifting success is an amazing feat in and of itself. But it is made even more tremendous by the fact that Rory has cerebral palsy and is confined to a wheelchair!
This video tells Rory’s incredible story.
- Here is an article in which Rory tells about his remarkable success.
- Here are two other InspireMyKids stories about athletes who have succeeded despite disabilities – Muffy Davis and Chance Anthony.
Topics for Discussion:
- What qualities does Rory have that enable him to be so successful at weightlifting despite his disability?
- Rory believes that “the impossible is possible”. Did you ever think something was impossible but then, through hard work and determination, achieve it anyway?
- Visit the Athletes with Disabilities Network website to learn more about these inspirational athletes and how you can support them!
- Visit the 4 My Child website to learn more about cerebral palsy and how you can help people with this condition.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.