Have you ever heard of a sweatshirt going green? Well, a new type of sweatshirt created by New York University students Nien Lam and Sue Ngo does just that. The sweatshirt contains an image of a heart or lungs, and the image changes color when it senses pollution in the air! Nien and Sue invented this sweatshirt for a school project. But its environmental impact reaches far beyond the classroom! Here is a video that shows this amazing sweatshirt at work.
- Here is an article about the incredible color-changing sweatshirt.
- Here is another inspiremykids story about inventions that are helping change the world!
Topics for Discussion:
- What is air pollution? Why is it bad for you?
- What are some things you and your family can do to help reduce air pollution?
- Vist the Clean Air Kids website to learn more about air pollution and what you can do to help reduce it!
- Visit the Invent Now website for invention inspiration, and maybe you too can create something that will help the world!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.