Random acts of kindness are just what their name suggests – actions, big or small, that are kind to others. And anyone can do them! It doesn’t matter whether you’re young or old, rich or poor, or short or tall. Every single person can perform random acts of kindness every single day, and just one small kind act can inspire others to do the same and can change someone’s life for the better! Here are examples of simple ways to perform random acts of kindness:
- pay someone a compliment
- pick up litter
- hold a door for someone
- donate something to a worthy cause
- lend a hand to someone who needs it
- do an extra chore
- give a hug
- write someone a kind note
So why not start today? For more ideas and examples of random acts of kindness, see the video and the additional resources below.
Here is a video about a group of people who decided to perform 100 random acts of kindness in 100 minutes.
- Here is a link to the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation official website.
- Here is a link to a blog that gives some great ideas for random acts of kindness.
Topics for Discussion:
- What random act of kindness can you do right now?
- How does it make you feel when you do something kind for another person?
- Do you think random acts of kindness can change people’s lives?
- Check out the Chores For Charity website to help you put earnings from your chores toward a good cause.
- Check out the Humane Teen website to help you find ways to do good works for animals.
- Check out the Volunteer Challenge website to help you find ways to be kind by volunteering.