Acting with kindness is a wonderful idea, but too often it gets forgotten or overlooked in the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. However, the power of kind actions makes them worth investing the extra effort they may take. Just one small act of kindness can change your day for the better, and kind acts can also end up having a tremendous impact on the world around you.
To help inspire you in your own quest for kindness, here are some of the world’s best quotes about kindness and just how worthwhile it really is.
- For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. – Audrey Hepburn
- Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. – Mark Twain
- Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you. – Princess Diana
- No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. – Aesop
This video shows the tremendous ripple effect just one act of kindness can have.
- Here is a website that has many truly inspiring quotes about kindness.
- Here is another website with lots of awesome kindness quotes!
Topics for Discussion:
- Do you think you could start a chain reaction of kindness like the one shown in the video above?
- Which of the kindness quotes is most meaningful to you?
- Make it a goal to perform at least one act of kindness each and every day!
- Visit the Random Acts of Kindness website to learn more ideas for ways you can be kind today!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.