Friendship is one of life’s greatest gifts. Unlike some things, like your bedtime, your friends are your choice. Starting a new friendship can be exciting, but building a great friendship takes work! Being a TRUE friend means:
- Being helpful
- Sticking up for your friend
- Supporting them
- Listening well
- Sharing with them
- Being honest
Here are some great quotes that get at the heart of what friendship is all about.
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched….but are felt in the heart.” - Helen Keller
“What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” - Aristotle
“Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend.” - Plautus
“No road is long with good company.” - Turkish proverb
“A true friend is the greatest of all blessings.” - Francois de La Rochefoucauld”
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.” – Unknown
“The best mirror is an old friend.” – George Herbert
ʺTruly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.ʺ – G. Randolf
ʺIt’s a good thing to be rich and a good thing to be strong, but it is a better thing to be beloved of many friends.ʺ – Oliver Wendell Holmes
ʺThe best things in life aren’t things…they’re your friends.ʺ – Anonymous
This video shows incredible friendships between some very unusual partners!
Here are some IMK posts that highlight friendship at its finest!
- Jessie Rees- Never Ever Give Up (NEGU)!
- Mariah Saves Gorillas – “Saving Gorillas One Cell Phone at a Time”!
- Diamond the Dog – Her Heroism Truly Makes Her “Man’s Best Friend”!
- Wyatt Erber – The Biggest of Hearts in a Very Small Package
- Hailey Scheinman – Taking Sisterly Love to a Whole New Level!
Topics for Discussion:
- Do you have a best friend? What makes him or her so special to you?
- What do you think would happen in the world if everyone tried to be a bit more friendly?
- Visit the Amazon page for “How Kids Make Friends” for a great book to help with your efforts at friendship!
- Visit the Random Acts of Kindness website to learn terrific ways you can be a friend to others!