It’s not always easy being a kid! There are lot of new challenges that you face every day. Like raising your hand in class or making new friends. No matter how old you are, one thing that will help is confidence!
So, what is confidence all about? Confidence is believing in yourself. It’s about not doubting your skills and knowing what you are capable of!
Some kids naturally have a lot of confidence. They take on leadership roles and excel in what they pursue. For others, who are not so confident, they question their ability to do things.
Confidence is also something that you can grow. Trying new things each day and challenging yourself help you believe in yourself more. Because of your achievements, big or small, you will develop more confidence.
Every day you can accomplish something to build your confidence. It could be something big running for class President or playing a new sport for the first time. Or it could be a smaller thing like volunteering to go first in class. As you do little things and big things, you will believe more in yourself. And with each new skill or action, you will increase your confidence!
This collection of confidence quotes for kids can also serve as inspiration for building your confidence. Follow the advice of the people below and they will help you become the best version of yourself!
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
- “With confidence, you have won before you have started.” – Marcus Garvey
- “There is a difference between conceit and confidence. Conceit is bragging about yourself. Confidence means you believe you can get the job done.” – Johnny Unitas
- “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” – Mark Twain
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life.” – Marcus Garvey
- “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu
- “The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence.” – Blake Lively
- “When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality.” – Joe Paterno
- “Confidence comes with maturity, being more accepting of yourself.” – Nicole Scherzinger
- “Confidence isn’t optimism or pessimism, and it’s not a character attribute. It’s the expectation of a positive outcome.” – Rosabeth Moss Kanter
- “You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.” – Rosalynn Carter
- “Confidence in the goodness of another is good proof of one’s own goodness.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.” – Stan Smith
- “Confidence comes from hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication.” – Roger Staubach
- “If you have confidence you have patience. Confidence, that is everything.” – Ilie Nastase
- “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” – J.M. Barrie
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.” – Dalai Lama
- “Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” – Arthur Ashe
- “The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.” – William Jennings Bryan
- “It is confidence in our bodies, minds and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” – Oprah
- “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” – Peter T. Mcintyre
- “True beauty is the flame of self-confidence that shines from the inside out.” – Barrie Davenport
Do you ever feel shy? Do you know the answer in class, but don’t have the confidence to raise your hand? Maybe you should change the way you are thinking? Maybe you are a leader! Watch this brief video and think about your achievements. You may just become a bit more confident!
- Check out how Jordan found her self-confidence.
- Take a look at our full collection of inspiring quotes for kids and students.
- Find out why confidence matters!
- How can you be more confident? Practice these power poses!
- Here are six effective ways to promote your own self-confidence.
Topics for Discussion:
- What are some things you feel confident in?
- Is there anything in your life that you do not feel 100% confident in? What could you do to change that?
- What at your top 3 quotes from the list above? Why?
- Were you ever told to “be confident”? How did that make you feel? What happened?
- What do you believe being confident requires? What could build your confidence?
- What are your special gifts, talents and likes? Could these make you more confident?
- At bedtime each night, think of 3 things that took confidence that day. When you awaken, think of 2 things that you could be more confident in. Do this for 30 days and you will make it a habit for life! Then ask your parent(s) and siblings to try it!
- Write down 5 of your biggest strengths and unique qualities. Keep this list by your bed and look at it every week to remind yourself what makes you you!
Teacher and Parent Features:
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.
- Check out our growing list of Lesson Plans that can be used alongside our quotes and articles
- Discover confidence activities for the classroom.
- Here are some strategies to help build confidence in your students.
- Check out these tips on raising confident kids.