Who do you spend the most time with? If something bad happens at school or with a friend, who do you turn to? You may have a lot of friends in your life, but you will always have family. Through good times and bad, our family supports and loves us, no matter what!
Family is a bond that is unbreakable! Family helps us in shaping our lives and our personalities. David R. Wommack defines family as “The ties that bind. The cement that builds character, strength of purpose, mutual respect, values.” We learn values like love, trust, and tradition from our family.
Family is a very important part of our everyday life. You can be yourself around them and they will accept you for who you are. Your family will love you no matter what! Family is a bond that will last forever. Even through tough times, they will bring happiness into your life.
What are some ways that you could strengthen your family bond? It could be as simple as making a family fun night each week! Maybe it could be a game night or a picnic in the park! This time together will strengthen your relationship for years to come.
With a strong family bond, you can always turn to them for help. This will give you comfort and build your confidence knowing they have your back!
This collection is all about great quotes for kids about family. Follow their advice, bond with your family members, and you will become the best version of yourself!
- “The most important thing in the world is family and love.” – John Wooden
- “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Desmond Tutu
- “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” – Michael J. Fox
- “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” – Richard Bach
- “The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege.” – Charles Kuralt
- “My family is my strength and my weakness.” – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- “The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.” – George Santayana
- “Family is the most important thing in the world.” – Princess Diana
- “As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live.” – Pope John Paul II
- “It’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.” – Philip Green
- “Cherish your human connections: your relationships with friends and family.” – Joseph Brodsky
- “Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home.” – Anthony Liccione
- “We must take care of our families wherever we find them.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “I sustain myself with the love of family.” – Maya Angelou
- “Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.” – David Ogden Stiers
- “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” – Mother Theresa
- “Sticking with your family is what makes it a family.” – Mitch Albom
- “In time of test, family is best.” – Burmese Proverb
- “It’s not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts.” – J.M. Laurence
- “Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family” – Anthony Brandt
- “At the end of the day, a loving family should find everything forgivable.” – Mark V. Olsen
- “I think togetherness is a very important ingredient to family life.” – Barbara Bush
- “When trouble comes, it’s your family that supports you.” – Guy Lafleur
- “Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold.” – Andre Maurois
- “The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.” – Confucius
- “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.” – Barbara Bush
- “Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” – Lilo & Stitch
- “A family in harmony will prosper in everything.” – Chinese Proverb
Your family is a team. Do you remember a time that your family helped you overcome a challenge? Are there moments when your family made you happy when you were sad? It takes hard work to have a strong family bond! Watch this brief video and think about your own family and how you feel about them. You may just realize how important your own family is and how much you love them!
- Take a look at our full collection of inspiring quotes for kids and students
- Read about Neha’s family tradition and how it has made an impact!
- Why does family matter to you? Here, Jason explains why family matters to him
Topics for Discussion:
- Does your family have a strong bond? What could make it stronger?
- Has your family helped you get through a tough situation? How did that make you feel?
- What are your top 3 favorite quotes from the list above? Why?
- Does your family have any traditions? If so, what are they? If not, what family traditions could you make?
- What does family mean to you? Why are they important to you?
- At bedtime, think of some ways that you demonstrated appreciation for your family. When you awaken, think of 2 compliments you could give to different family members. Do this for 30 days and you will be on your way to making it a habit for life!
- Remember, you can strengthen your family bond every day by being open, honest, and kind to everyone!
Teacher and Parent Features:
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.
- Check out our growing list of Lesson Plans that can be used alongside our quotes and articles.
- Here are 7 reasons why family matters
- Discover how to strengthen your family relationships
- Check out these practical actions to help teach your child about the importance of family