Friendship is one of life’s greatest gifts. Unlike some things, like your bedtime, your friends are your choice. Starting a new friendship can be exciting, but building a great friendship takes work! Being a TRUE friend means:
- Being helpful
- Sticking up for your friend
- Supporting them
- Listening well
- Sharing with them
- Being honest
Here are some great quotes that get at the heart of what friendship is all about:
- “Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend.” – Plautus
- “No road is long with good company.” – Turkish proverb
- “A true friend is the greatest of all blessings.” – Francois de La Rochefoucauld”
- “A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.” – Unknown
- “The best mirror is an old friend.” – George Herbert
- ʺTruly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.ʺ – G. RandolfʺIt’s a good thing to be rich and a good thing to be strong, but it is a better thing to be beloved of many friends.ʺ – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- ʺThe best things in life aren’t things…they’re your friends.ʺ – Anonymous
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched….but are felt in the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” – Aristotle
- “What is a friend? I will tell you…it is someone with whom you dare to be yourself.” – Frank Crane
- “A good friend remembers what we were and sees what we can be.” – Unknown
- “A friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be somewhere else.” – Unknown
- “A friend loveth at all times.” – Proverbs 17:17
- “Friendship doubles your joys, and divides your sorrows.” – Unknown
This video shows incredible friendships between some very unusual partners!
Here are some IMK posts that highlight friendship at its finest!
Topics for Discussion:
- Do you have a best friend? What makes him or her so special to you?
- What do you think would happen in the world if everyone tried to be a bit more friendly?