Alex McKelvey is an 8 year old from Washington who has been doing a awful lot of good lately!
For the past year, since her grandmother died, she and her family have performed hundreds of acts of kindness! All of this is to honor the life of her grandmother, Linda, a kind person who always put others before herself.
Alex McKelvey’s good deeds have ranged from taping quarters to gumball machines to serving meals to people in need. And she is just getting started. Alex has plans to do thousands more acts of kindness in the future.
Check out her inspiring story below:
Topics for Discussion:
- What inspired Alex to perform her acts of kindness?
- Talk about a time when you did an act of kindness. What did it feel like?
- What stops you from doing more acts of kindness?
- What is the power of kindness?
- Here is an awesome list of 100 acts of kindness that kids can start doing today!
- Visit the Random Acts of Kindness website to learn more ways you can be kind to others!