Do you think you have it hard? Tayla Kelley has had it hard for a long time. She has a rare health issue that has kept her in and out of hospitals for much of her life. But still she has a positive outlook, determination and a passion for dancing. Using these, she turns her adversity into inspiration for her entire community. This video tells Tayla’s story.
- Here is a video that tells more about Tayla’s disease and how it affects her and others.
- Here is a video about a dancer who is hearing impaired!
Topics for Discussion:
- What does it mean to have a positive attitude?
- Why is Tayla an inspiration to her community? Who is an inspiration to you?
- Tayla does what she loves despite her disease. Don’t let anything stop you from doing what you love!
- See the Immune Deficiency Foundation website to learn more about Tayla’s disease and what you can do to help!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students.