The End Family, from Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin, is like many other large families. The kids play together, argue, and compete with each other.
But they are different in a few amazing ways.
To start, there are 7 children, including 4 boys and 3 girls! And they have some very unique skills! After watching YouTube stars like Dude Perfect, the family started doing trick shots in their free time and posting videos to YouTube. As their skills grew, they attempted harder and harder tricks. A few years later, their experiment has turned into over 4 million subscribers to their YouTube channel (called That’s Amazing) and over 1 billion views! Who are they and how did they do this? Let’s find out.
It all started when Tommy, one of the older boys, began a YouTube channel to share videos about his drawings and video games with family members. Then in 2016, water bottle flipping became a trick that many were doing on YouTube. The Ends enjoyed it and were good at it. They put a lot of effort into practicing their flipping. They became really good. All of a sudden, their YouTube channel caught fire and took on a life of its own.
How did they learn to do these tricks? And how did they grow so fast? The answers are simple. A lot of practice doing the tricks, a lot of persistence staying with it, and a lot of learning along the way. As Tommy told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, “We were watching videos by Dude Perfect, and he was bottle-flipping, and we thought we could do it, too. So we spent hours and hours practicing, and we put our video up. It got a million views, and we were like, this is crazy!”
And how did they become good at filming YouTube videos? Again from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Tommy stated, “I just looked up YouTube tutorials and figured it out on my own. When we started out, our video cameras were really cheap, and we got better ones when we went viral. But I’ve never taken classes or anything on how to edit.”
The Ends have also started to use their popularity to help others. In one video, Colin is shown running the Briggs & Al’s Run & Walk for Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, to raise money for the fight against childhood cancer.
The End children are a testament to the power of family, teamwork, and perseverance. Check out this video with some of their greatest tricks of all time and then learn more about their truly amazing story!
- Learn more about That Amazing’s background and accomplishments here on TubeFilter
- Vist That’s Amazing’s YouTube channel
- Check out other inspiring IMK stories family
- Watch other great IMK stories about children and adults that exhibit perseverance and passion
- Read IMK’s list great quotes for kids about hard work and doing your best
- View our story on the source of their inspiration, Dude Perfect
Topics for Discussion:
- Besides all of their tricks, what is most special about the End Family?
- What character traits does the End Family exhibit?
- What are some activities that you are passionate about? How often do you practice them?
- When do you try your hardest at something? What inspires you to do so? What is the result? How does it make you feel?
- Take a video of something you love to do. Have fun with it. Show it to your family. You never know!
- Think about a way you can use your talents to do good and spread good. Now go do it!
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for elementary school students.
- Here is a link to a Critical Reading Skills worksheet that you can use for middle school students